In stock trading, The TPIN is very crucial. It’s a six-digit password that authorizes the broker to deduct the selected stock from the CDSL’s Demat account for a period of up to 90 days.
In earlier days, The Power of Attorney was required for transaction of shares but now they don’t need POA ( Power of Attorney ) they only verifying CDSL TPIN. That means A TPIN acts as a PoA and can thus be considered its alternate.
Basically, TPIN mainly required when the user sell their holding stocks. Here, you can find What is TPin, Why we need TPIN for sell stocks and How to generate TPIN.
Check out : IPO GMP Grey market premium
What is TPIN?
TPIN is a Transaction Personal Identification Number. CDSL ( Central Depository Services (India) Limited ) has issued user to unique and secure Six digit Pin called as TPIN.
For greater investor safety, CDSL adopted e-DIS verification last year. The term “E-DIS” means “electronic delivery instruction slip.” At the time of stock sale, this verification is done using a TPIN.
Why we need TPIN?
TPIN is used for security purpose. It secure the users shares in holding account.
Example :- User have 2000 Infosys shares in their holding dement account and they want to sale their stocks. That time they need CDSL TPIN. if they enter Valid TPIN ,the depository will send OTP code to user linked mobile number. Their after, if the enter OTP is valid then the user eligible for placing the sell order.
How to generate TPIN in CDSL?
The users who doing trade everyday in stock market they are aware about TPIN.
1) Click on https://edis.cdslindia.com/home/generatepin website.
2) Enter BO ID and Pancard Number. Press Next Button.
3) The OTP will go to your linked mobile number and Press Submit Button.
4) Finally, you will received TPIN via SMS in your mobile number.
How to change TPIN in CDSL?
1) Go To CDSL website.
2) Click on the ‘Change – eDIS TPIN‘ link.
3) Enter your BO ID (16 digit Demat Account Number).
4) Enter PAN Number and click the ‘Next’ button.
5) Enter OTP received on email or mobile.
6) you will received TPIN in SMS and email Id like ‘Your Generated TPIN code is 123456‘.